At the beginning of September KUKA Systems held an interesting white moon cakes DIY activity in China. The snowy moon cake originally came from Hong Kong. It’s different from the traditional Chinese moon cake, which is traditionally baked and has a golden yellow color. However, the snowy moon cake’s raw material is glutinous rice; the cake looks white. Most snowy moon cakes have a transparent milky white skin but there are also red, yellow, green and other colors with eatable color powder. They have different tastes and a very harmonious and graceful appearance. The snowy moon cakes are without baking, the process is simple and the taste is soft and smooth, slightly elastic, and it is a very popular cake now in China.
- 80 g moon cakes powder
- 32 g water
- 4 g white oil
- 80g Moon cake paste (Lotus, sweet bean paste, mixed nuts)
1. Add the boiled water to the moon cakes flour, and then, mix it with the white oil until the dough is smooth and soft.
2. Divide the moon cake paste in 20g and roll it tightly into a ball.
3. Divide the dough into 20g and roll into a ball.
4. Flatten the dough. Place the filling into the center of the dough.
5.Wrap it up tightly and seal the edges; roll it into a ball
6. Press each ball into moon cake mold and then push it lightly out on a serving plate. Cover tightly with plastic film and chill for 1-2 hours.
And the result speaks for itself and our colleagues are obviously proud about it: